Do you have the habit of keeping leftovers in the fridge? Sometimes i do. When i checked the fridge yesterday, i had some fried chicken, some tenderloin tapas and adobo and leftover rice.
How to turn these leftovers into a delicious meal? So easy. Slice some chorizo as it gives a very wonderful flavor and also slice or dice all leftover meat, don’t forget to debone the fried chicken, put them all together in a pan with a little bit of oil, then add some garlic and onions, add the leftover rice, sprinkle some parsley, a dash of pepper, mix them all together and voila… a delicious fried rice. What is exciting about this dish is that the possibilities are endless because you may add any veggies of your choice like sliced red or yellow bellpeppers for color, spinach, peas, diced zucchini and others. Adding salt to taste is optional since the leftover meat is already flavored.
To serve, i topped it with slices of scrambled eggs and a sprinkle of parsley flakes and here it is, a delicious breakfast or brunch.
This dish is a favorite with my kids and always disappears in an instant.
I edited some photos on my laptop while doing the laundry so i could entertain myself. These journals and my little black book are at hand too. The LBB or the little black book contains all my passwords that i use when i go online. If only i could make all my passwords the same to make everything easy but i guess it is really not a good idea. That’s why i love my LBB.
From my terrace i watched the sun sets. If only i could watch it sans the cable wires and the electric wires that are blocking my view. But i’m glad i captured the moment.
It’s Monday once again and i am having this Monday’s blues. Well not because i feel lonely or what but it’s because i need to wake up early, prepare my kids’ lunchbox and drive my daughter to school, blah, blah, rant, rant. Oh the life being a mom.
How about you? How’s your Monday?
- How to cook with leftovers – AKA how I made a deliciously butchered Asian Sopa de Ajo (cleanyoroom.wordpress.com)
- Rice Stuff – The Perfect “Leftover” Solution (eatbysix.com)
- my-e-journal-dainty-doilies-and-fruits-of-the-spirit (starlight427.wordpress.com)
- my-e-journal-stars-passion-flower-kitty-star-is-home-im-happy-to-the-nth-power (starlight427.wordpress.com)
- my-e-journal-flowers-and-leis-and-dark-sky (starlight427.wordpress.com)
- my-e-journal-a-cluster-of-___-guess-what-flowers-and-cupcakes (starlight427.wordpress.com)