With about 6 cat cafes in the metro, Le Cat Cafe is the nearest to my place and just a short drive away.
Upon entering we were immediately greeted by the welcoming furry committee. Meet Barton, Butter and Prince Harry.
barton, butter and prince harry
Barton, the all white Ragamuffin Puspin is the very first one to greet us. He is fluffy and soft as a cotton. I could hug him all day. He is so sweet and friendly. Butter, a Ragamuffin is very affectionate. And Prince Harry, a Ragamuffin Persian would roll over to seek attention because he loves belly rubs.
My sister told me that if ever there’s a cat that she would want to take home, it’s going to be Sophie. Her almost cross-eyed looks make her even more adorable . She is really a sweetheart.
Little Arthur, an exotic short haired Persian cat loves sleeping. He’s the one i would love to take home.
Kid, also a Ragamuffin Persian is very lovable and huggable. He has long thick soft fur, loves attention and enjoys to be petted.
Rocket, the Scottish Fold was almost asleep the whole time we’re there.
Mochi, is a Napoleon according to the staff but is quite long-legged.
Snack time is so enjoyable and entertaining to watch. All the furry babies scrambled for every CRUMB of cat treats. Finally, we got to see all of them.
And here are the rest of the kitties including Ashley the American Curl, Orange the American Shorthair, Happy the Ragamuffin Persian and Tyrion the Munchkin.
ashley, happy, tyrion, etc.
With all the international breeds of cats around, the cat cafe has a Puspin which is our local domestic cat breed. A big shout out to Charlie, the 2 year old male Puspin. I love his nice coat patterns.
We paid P199.00 or about less than 2 US dollars inclusive of one hot coffee and 2 hours stay at the cat lounge. We were so lucky that we have all the cats just to ourselves as we were the only visitors. I guess i need to thank the bad weather for that as it has been raining almost the whole day yesterday. It is really best to visit the place on ordinary days because during weekends, the staff said that the place is filled to the brims.
A few observations and suggestions:
- All the cats are well groomed. They look good and smell good. Just furrfect! They are well taken cared of and most of all they are so friendly and social. Almost all of them seeks and craves for attention.
- The cat cafe is clean and neat and airconditioned. But it is rather small. Parking area is very limited too. The good news as told by the staff, is they would soon move to a bigger place before the year ends and hopefully with a bigger parking area.
- They have limited novelty items for sale. I suggested that they should offer more like journals, pencils and pens, mugs, figurines, key chains, etc. Of course with cat prints or designs on them that most cat lovers would love to buy and collect.
- Photos of the fur babies should be updated as not all the cats’ photos are on the wall. We always ask the staff for the names of other cats.
- I hope they would think about having more local cats or Puspins and putting them up for adoption. There are so many rescued local cats that need forever homes. Or maybe partnering with a cat rescue organization or a shelter which would certainly provide them with lots of adoptable cats.
Overall experience. It’s a fun activity bonding with the cats. The 2 hour experience surely gave me that wonderful happy feeling. Absolutely worth it! The staff is very accommodating and they even gave us a loyalty card. I would love to visit them again someday.