I love rainy days. While some people hates it, i do find it relaxing. Besides it is an excuse for staying longer in bed. But why is it that sometimes we feel sad when it rains? Must be the effects of the sound of the rain as it trickle on the window, or the gloomy surroundings that the dark clouds bring. But for me, rain only means one thing…. FUN and FOOD.
So, to set the mood up, here are the things that i usually do on a rainy day.
- cook a favorite dish …
“I just pan seared porkchops which i seasoned with mixed herbs and sea salt. in oil and butter till golden brown on both sides and finished cooking them in the oven. Result: moist porchops, fork tender and so delish… “
- listen or watch the rain as it falls.. not only it is mesmerizing but also relaxing
- eat comfort food.. sweets or desserts are on my number one list
“Just add milk. or in this case oats milk to a bowl of chickpeas… ah so divine…”
- watch my kitties as they curl up in a ball to stay warm, or just groom each other.
“Lickety-lickety lick… Kuting is definitely loving it.”
“cute kitty puddle… “
- take photos of raindrops on flowers .. yes, doing this all the time.
- dance under the rain.. no age limit, just have fun doing it.
- read magazines over a cup of hot coffee
- or maybe all of the above…
“Hey Tiger, wait for me… i will take a nap too.. gotta get our fleece blanket first.”
Cool weather plus comfort food plus the simple luxury of the softness of my couch plus the warmth of my nap buddy Tiger equals pure bliss. Happy Sunday!