My 3 minute road trip from my home leads me to the newly-opened supermarket/department store. As of now, only the grocery section is open and the department store will tentatively open mid March.
And here’s what my son is looking forward to, brewing soon… Starbucks.
Inside, my eyes feasted on the wide assortments of hams and sausages, cheeses, salads and sandwiches at the deli and gourmet section.
But my favorite section is the preserved/dried fruit section and the nuts section. There are persimmon, turkish figs, cranberry, guava, apple, dates, longan, apricot, kiwi and pomelo. Now i know where to find preserves for my baking needs.
I’m getting nuts with all the nuts that i need. There are pistachios, macadamias, walnuts, cashews, almonds and pine nuts. Almonds in powder form is kinda hard to find and i’m glad it is available here.
Now here’s something new to me. This is the first time i’ve seen sweet banana peppers. They are long and large and yes about the same size as a banana.
Do you have stories or photos with ROADS as theme? How about your recent road trip? Share yours now on the Weekly Travel Theme by Ailsa.
- Weekly Travel Theme: Roads (emmahicks76.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: Roads (javmode.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Roads (chrisbreebaart.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: Roads to Adventure! (picturesinlivingcolor.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: Roads (lenadealmeida.wordpress.com)
- Ailsa’s Travel Theme: Roads (stephenkellycreative.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Roads (beachtreasuresandtreasurebeaches.com)
- Travel Theme: Roads (beyondpaisley.net)
- Travel theme: Roads (daddysnaughtylittlegirl.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: Roads (nwframeofmind.com)