World Animal Day is celebrated each year every October 4th. It was first organized in Florence Italy by ecologists and the date was chosen because it is the feast day of Saint Francis of Assisi the patron saint of all animals. However, these days it is celebrated by all animal lovers around the world regardless of background, nationality and beliefs.
This week’s travel theme by Ailsa of wheresmybackpack is Animals, in honor of World Animal Day. Animals are amazing creatures that live and co-exist among humans, as such they truly deserve to be given this much honor and respect.
Here’s my contribution for this week’s travel theme.
Photos taken by hubby during one of his travels.
My favorite quote about animals:
The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
- Travel theme: Animals (miljoanne.wordpress.com)
- Happy World Animal Day! (keiththegreen.wordpress.com)
- 4th October: World Animal Day (thedevelopmentjournalist.com)
- Happy World Animal Day! (lijiun.wordpress.com)
- World Animal Day: October 4th 2012 (datadiary2012.wordpress.com)
- World Animal Day – 04th October (bookmavenpicks.wordpress.com)