I really love cooking and baking and here’s my first attempt in baking egg tarts. For a busy mom like me, i just used the store bought puff pastry dough. I divided the 400g block into 12 equal sizes and pressed each one into the well-greased pan to form the mold.
For the filling, i made use of 6 large egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, half a teaspoon of vanilla extract, half a cup of heavy cream and half a cup of whole milk. I just whisked it until smooth. Don’t forget to strain the egg mixture to get rid of the bubbles to make your mixture more silky smooth.
Here they are, fresh from the oven. I baked it for about 20-25minutes. Be sure your oven is preheated to 200 degrees C.
I let it cool for a while and transferred each tart into cupcake paper liners.
I love the flakiness of the puff pastry dough.
The filling has the right amount of sweetness, it is silky smooth with the right custardly melt in your mouth texture. I am so happy because the kids love my tarts and for a newbie like me in baking, i feel good that i did well.
- Portuguese Egg Tarts (Patéis de Nata) (almostalwayshungry.wordpress.com)
- A healthy Custard tart? Are you for real? YES WE ARE! (thenutritionguruandthechef.wordpress.com)
- Portuguese-egg-tarts (straitfood.wordpress.com)
- Happy-liberation-of-saigons-day-hyvaa-vappua-and-portuguese-egg-tart-one-of-bears-favorite-pastries (simplyafoodblog.wordpress.com)
- Lamour-la-couronne (foodiesay.wordpress.com)