I’ve had some frozen tater tots sitting inside my freezer for quite sometime now and here’s what i did to make it super delectable and yummy.
Good thing that all the ingredients are readily available in my fridge and pantry.
- ground pork
- cheddar cheese (grated)
- mozarella cheese (grated)
- cheese sauce
- bell pepper (diced)
- onion (diced)
- garlic (finely diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat some oil in the pan, toss in the garlic followed by the onion, diced bell pepper and then the ground pork. Season it with a little salt and some ground pepper. Just let it cook for a while then add cream and cheese sauce plus the grated cheddar cheese.
In a rectangular baking pan, arrange a layer of tater tots then add some of the ground meat mixture, top with some grated cheddar and mozarella cheese. Repeat procedure for the 2nd layer. Cover the baking pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees. After about an hour bake again uncovered for a few minutes more to make the cheese topping melt as well as give it a slight brown texture.
I was delighted about the outcome since my kids really loved it.
Sharing with you some photos of my creation.
- Quick Easy Dinner – Tater Tot Casserole (mommyheadadventures.com)
- Tater Tot Casserole Recipes: One For Breakfast and One For Dinner (mommyofamonster.com)
- Tater Tot-o-rama (dorothysplace.wordpress.com)
- Tater-tots-on-top (orangebarrelindustries.wordpress.com)
- Sweet-potato-tots (prettygirlscook.com)