With every drop of water you drink, every breath you take, you’re connected to the sea. No matter where on Earth you live.– Sylvia Earle
- Weekly photo challenge: Sea (notsosupermodel.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (beatsofpieces.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (littlegirlstory.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (joiedevivreandcupcakes.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photography Challenge: Sea (dawnblanchard.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (2far2shout.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (forestwoodfolkart.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (twoscamps.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (mdcphotographs.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Sea (ambitiousdrifter.wordpress.com)
Posted in photo challenge | Tagged colorful, nature, sea, sea anemones, weekly photo challenge: sea | 17 Comments »
I searched my archives for “BIG” photos and found mountains, roads, buildings, houses, trees and others. I’m sure that a lot of fellow bloggers would be posting about that so i decided a different approach in interpreting the travel theme challenge.
My “BIG” interpretation would be BIG APPETITE. Well, it has been raining non-stop since yesterday and i’m always being roused from my sleep last night because of the sound of the rain. The coolness of the weather makes me want to just stay in bed a little longer but i have hungry mouths to feed and some more mommy chores to do.
Today, i prepared these for lunch.
mango kani salad
This salad is a favorite and it’s called the Mango Kani Salad. Kani means crab in Japanese. It only consists of shredded crabsticks, julienned cucumbers and mango. I will be adding kewpie or Japanese mayonnaise to serve. Yum!
For main course, i cooked my own version of Afritada which is ribs cooked in tomato sauce with carrots, potatoes and bell peppers. I just added some sugar to even out the sourness of tomato sauce. The kids love this dish.
I’m sure these could really satisfy their BIG APPETITE.
Hey kids! it’s lunchtime!
Happy Monday to all.
Don’t forget to visit Ailsa’s blog to check out more photos of really “BIG” structures.
- Ailsa’s Travel Theme: Big (travel-monkey.me)
- Travel Theme: Big (lucidgypsy.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: Big (sasieology.wordpress.com)
- Big- Ailsa’s weekly Travel Theme (vosperdruiter.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme (Big) (mrscarmichael.wordpress.com)
- Travel theme: Big (growthandpossibilty.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Big (shootngo.wordpress.com)
- Travel Theme: Big (weirdandcoolstuff.wordpress.com)
- travel-theme-big (pathsunwritten.com)
- travel-theme-big (loganbruin.wordpress.com)
- travel-theme-big (shyraven23.wordpress.com)
- travel-theme-big (roadsiroam.com)
Posted in photo challenge | Tagged afritada, appetite, Cooking, food, mango kani salad, mango recipe, Recipe, Salad, travel theme, travel theme: big | 14 Comments »
Little plants growing so carefree beneath the flower pot..
carefree tiny plants
See more CAREFREE photos on the weekly photo challenge by DailyPost.
Posted in photo challenge | Tagged bokeh, dreamy, dreamy photo, nature, Photography, plants, postaday, postaday2013, weekly photo challenge, weekly photo challenge: home | 11 Comments »
Hello furry friends,
It’s TGIF and it’s time for my cat purrday friday post. Before anything else, i want to share this photo which mum took very recently. As always, mum had a hard time looking for me because my color almost always blends well where i hide. I did a lot of grooming after that cause it’s kinda dusty in that old shoe cabinet.
Star’s new found hideaway
Do you remember Noisy the new (fur)kid on the block which mum posted here? Well, mum is so happy that for the first time in weeks that she has been feeding him, Noisy brushed himself on mum’s legs while begging for his food this morning. Taking advantage of the little trust, mum slowly began to stroke her fingers on him and slowly inched her hand to his head. Noisy did not hiss but tolerated mum’s stroking.
Next week, i will have a new playmate because mum would be fostering a handsome fellow and his name is Boots. His human (mum’s niece) will be working overseas so mum will be taking care of him when she leaves. She already fostered Boots before when mum’s niece went for a vacation for two weeks and she blogged about him here. Well, i wasn’t even born yet at that time so Boots is older than me. This time, i think Boots will be staying with us for a very long time. Here’s Boots together with my bestfriend and sibling Kristina.
Boots and Kristina
That’s all friends.. i’ll be looking forward on your next visit. Have a happy weekend.
Hugs and purrs,
Posted in cat purrday | Tagged Boots, cat, cat purrday, cat purrday friday post, Dog, furries, kitty, Kristina, oddeyed, oddeyed cat, persian, Star | 11 Comments »
I’ve blogged about this flower here but i wanted to share another photo as my take on the Dreamweek Three photo challenge by Snapshooter.
Thank you to Schelly as she’s been so kind enough to give me some ideas as to how to make a “dreamy” photo.
I’ve been so anxious to post my kind of “dreamy” photo so i made a little trick to produce one. What i did was choose one of photos that is somewhat blurred, edit it using the soft focus and matte effect and this is the result.
I am satisfied with the outcome but i would love to hear more about your suggestions. A newbie like me still have so many things to learn.
- summer-days (followyournose.org)
- dream-week-two (schelleycassidy.wordpress.com)
- dream-week-two (sonelcorner.wordpress.com)
Posted in photo challenge | Tagged bokeh, dream week, dreamweek three, dreamweek13, dreamy photos, Flower, nature, Photography, soft focus, Vietnam Rose | 9 Comments »
We’re having nasty weather today because of a super typhoon but i’m glad that late this afternoon the rain has stopped. I was feeling lazy the whole day and this weather makes me want to just snuggle up in bed with the kitties.
This week’s theme for A Word A Week Photo Challenge is BISECT. I really don’t have that much photos about scenery but i would like to share these photos that i think could fit in the challenge.
Here’a photo of a pink wildflower. Notice how the clear focus in the middle bisects the entirety of the photo.
Here’s another photo of a leaf which is full of rain droplets that look like crystal beads that glisten. The leaf tends to divide the photo diagonally.
For more BISECT photos, head over to Sue’s Blog.
Posted in photo challenge | Tagged a word a week photo challenge: bisect, bisect, bokeh, droplets, Flower, leaf, nature, pink flower, pink wildflower, rain, rain droplets, Wildflower | 13 Comments »
Most of the photo entries for this week’s travel theme are all about man-made architecture. For this challenge, i decided to post the wonderful design and masterpiece of this little fellow.
The house is made of silk, with plenty of sunshine, some showers perhaps. It is located in a beautiful garden surrounded by lots of flowering plants.
See more ARCHITECTURE photos on Ailsa’s Blog.
- 8-9-13 Travel Theme: Architecture (quotidianhudsonriver.com)
- Ailsa’s Travel Theme: Architecture (travel-monkey.me)
- Travel Theme: Architecture (beyondpaisley.net)
- Architecture Two Ways (canoecommunications.wordpress.com)
- travel-theme-architecture (drieskewrites.wordpress.com)
- dresdens-miracle-in-stone (suejudd.com)
- travel-theme-architecture (pathsunwritten.com)
- cascading-tears (travtrails.wordpress.com)
- little-trianon-florestiprahova (ileanapartenie.wordpress.com)
- travel-theme-architecture (annarashbrook.wordpress.com )
- travel-theme-architecture (smallbluegreenurbanicity.wordpress.com)
- travel-theme-architecture (publictransituser.wordpress.com)
- travel-theme-architecture (holley4734.wordpress.com)
- ancient-turkish-towers (lonnalisawilliams.wordpress.com)
Posted in photo challenge | Tagged architecture, bokeh, nature, nature's architecture, spiderweb, weekly travel theme, weekly travel theme: architecture | 26 Comments »